Project Added: March 24, 2017
Provide the space your chickens need to be happy, healthy, comfortable and productive. This customizable coop, built with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors and fasteners, provides roomy and secure housing for three large birds or numerous smaller ones.
FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL NEED:
- Circular saw (optional: chop saw)
- Power drill with Phillips bit and Torx bit
- Tape measure
- Speed square
- Staple gun
SIMPSON STRONG-TIE® CONNECTORS AND FASTENERS
- (21) pieces 2x2 x 8'
- (3) pieces 2x4 x 8'
- (1) pieces 2x1 x 8'
- (1) pieces 1x10 x 8'
- (8) pieces 3/8" x 3/8" x 3'
- (1) pieces 4' x 8' x 1/2" plywood
- (2) pieces 4' x 8' x 1/2" plywood siding panel
- (5) Hinges
- (3) Slide locks
- It is recommended that water-resistant sheathing or a water barrier be used.
- It is recommended that water-resistant lumber such as redwood or cedar is used. If you use pine, use a water-resistant finish on the wood to extend the life of the chicken coop.