Provide the space your chickens need to be happy, healthy, comfortable and productive. This customizable coop, built with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors and fasteners, provides roomy and secure housing for three large birds or
FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL NEED:
- Circular saw (optional: chop saw)
- Power drill with Phillips bit and Torx bit
- Tape measure
- Speed square
- Staple gun
SIMPSON STRONG-TIE® CONNECTORS AND FASTENERS
- (16) Rigid Tie® RTC22 connectors
- (16) Rigid Tie® RTA2Z connectors
- (4) Rigid Tie® RTC2Z connectors
- (4) A21 angle connectors
- (4) Deck-Drive™ DSV WOOD Screws (2 1/2", DSVT212)
- (4) boxes Simpson Strong-Tie®
Wafer-Head Screws (#8 x 1 1/4", SD8x1.25)
(for Rigid Tie connectors)
- (1) box Deck-Drive™ DSV WOOD Screws (1 5/8", DSVT158)
- (21) pieces 2x2 x 8'
- (3) pieces 2x4 x 8'
- (1) pieces 2x1 x 8'
- (1) pieces 1x10 x 8'
- (8) pieces 3/8" x 3/8" x 3'
- (1) pieces 4' x 8' x 1/2" plywood
- (2) pieces 4' x 8' x 1/2" plywood siding panel
- (5) Hinges
- (3) Slide locks
- It is recommended that water-resistant sheathing or a water barrier be used.
- It is recommended that water-resistant lumber such as redwood or cedar is used. If you use pine, use a
water-resistantfinish on the wood to extend the life of the chicken coop.